Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 11

I am going to make this short and sweet.  I am exhausted and so ready for bed.

Today my cousin Emma challenged me to go Vegan for 24 hours.  I do believe I am almost there, but it was super hard.  I was seriously tempted all day long, but I held fast. Thank you Emma for a very challenging 24 hours.

In Sunday school this morning there were Krispy Kreme donuts (2 boxes), I ate some fresh fruit and choose the green tea over coffee with cream.  I knew lunch would be much harder. 

had a fundraising lunch today in Belton and knew it was being catered.  Jumbo shrimp, chicken Cesar salad, and wonderful beef concoction on toasted bread was served. It all looked so wonderful.  There was also a dessert table with cakes, coconut, carrot, and chocolate, so very hard.  Being super hungry, I shared with the chef that I was going vegan today and got directions to the anti-pasta platter.  I ate grilled veggies. The chef was impressed that I had gone vegan, but then I had to explain that it was part of a challenge and was only for 24 hours.  When I left with a piece of cake for tomorrow the same chef simply smiled at me.

After my event I met up with my dear friend Robin who graciously joined me for lunch. And man was I hungry; I never knew how much I desired meat.  I had a nice big salad (named Marie Sue or something equally as cute).  It consisted of Spinach, Romaine, Strawberries, and candied Pecans.  I asked them to hold the feta. 

After having a long lovely visit with Robin, I rushed to church for a Small Group connection launch event.  On my way out I grabbed some more fruit.

Still feeling super hungry after I got home I had a small salad (no dressing) and a peach.

I don't think I could ever go vegan as a way of life, no not at all.  My older sister for a while went vegetarian for a while.  In doing so my family ventured out to some all veggie items, lasagna and pizza.  But that didn't last.  One time in college I became a fruitarian for a whole week.  I think that for a period of time diets whatever they might be can be healthy.  But to be on something for life, like many vegans are is something that I am not cut out for.  As of right now I have two things on my mind.  First, my best friend who is in labor having her third child.  Second, the Papa Johns pizza that I am being paid to order and eat Monday night.

XOXO-Amanda May

1 comment:

  1. Hey my vegetarian status lasted a whole year. :) Glad you made it through the day. You have gone days with eating far less and I only think you were so hungry because this time you were limiting your diet on purpose. Just a thought. Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete