Today's challenge comes from my Dad. Last fall we took this picture at the Houston Air show, it was hot and loud but I think we had fun. Sadly I don't remember what day we went. I am sure this disappoints my dad because he always suggest that I keep a log of my travels so that in my old age I will remember when and where I've been.
I was really excited about opening the email from my dad this morning. He chalenged me to to The Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum and take pictures for online publication. Since moving to Austin he has encouraged me to visit the library but life always got in the way. Well today I took a late lunch and headed to the UT campus to do exactly what he wanted me to do for so many months.
So this is the 3rd floor entrry way and you can see up to the 10th. I never knew it would be so tall.
"Flapper girls" from the 1920's always intrigue me.
Floors 6-9 are reserach floors that I am sure I will never go to, but they do look nice.
Dad, I even headed upstairs to the 10th floor to check out the Oval office.
I love the way Lady Bird incorporated wildflowers into her chine selection.
If I am ever married to someone running for elected office I would love to have buttons such as these, and please keep them yellow and blue. It will be a collateral expenses that my husband I am sure will approve of, even if the consultants say they are a waiste. Also notice the cute office Mrs. Johnson had in Austin. What you cannot see is a view of downtown Austin, the view is worth the visit.
I never knew this collection was available in Austin. One of the things I love to do while in Washington DC is visit the the National Portrait Gallery and spend hours looking at the portraits of our founding fathers and past presidents. The collection in the NPG use to be at the American Art Museum, thus after my fill of portraits I would love to wander the other halls. I think I must return simply for these treasurers.
On the opposite wall hang the portraits of first ladies. Can anyone name the ones pictured from memory?
Dad thanks for suggesting this today. And happy to say that I have finally been. I hope you have enjoyed the pictures. And I will always remember on August 22, 2011 I visited the LBJ Presidential Library.
XOXO-Amanda May














Sadly the only first lady I recognize is in the second picture and that is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
ReplyDeleteAlso I did some research for you. The air show we went to was Wings Over Houston. It was the weekend after I returned from Iraq. We went on October 23, 2010. Now you can use this date and start a journal of your travels, like dad suggested!!