I did in deed complete a challenge direct from my friend Brian. I had the privilege to be consulted on Brian's engagement ring to his then girl friend way back in the day. Brian, so I know you said I could simply pick a day and I chose today to complete your challenge. See the challenge below.
- Approach a person and first ask if you can pray for him or her, right there on the spot (or nearby if they’d like to sit somewhere). This person would ideally be a stranger, but if you get desperate, it can be someone you know.
- After you ask and receive permission to pray, ask what he or she would specifically like you to pray for. Pray for that and, in addition, pray that the person would find wisdom, act on it, and be blessed in that action. Be sure to pray in Jesus’ name (as if you’d do anything else).
- Ask if you can share the prayer request with others. If so, do it as you would normally share a prayer request.
- Keep trying until you find a person you can pray for.
After work this evening I went grocery shopping and was almost out of the store when I remembered that I needed to do this. Do you know how awkward asking some random person permission to pray over them? I have done this in a restaurant with a waitress, but typically it's after a conversation first but never, no never in a grocery store. So the first person I asked was a guy checking out movies from a Bluebox. He shared that he had started his day in prayer and that life for him was good. After trying to coax something out of him, he denied my request. But guess what? I still prayed for him, just not with him. I tried to find someone not really on mission of finding that bargain or headed straight out the door. After several minutes I spotted an employee named Patricia. I approached her and after some explaining she allowed me to pray for her though she shared nothing specific. I hope in some small way she was blessed by my boldness and that the Lord will give her wisdom in her job and home life.
This was most challenging and I am so glad completed it. It definately got me out of my comfort zone. And I hope that I will be more aware of those I can pray for both privately and publically in the days, weeks, months and years to come.
XOXO-Amanda May
No comments:
Post a Comment