Today I ate a peach. Which has nothing to do with my challenge for today, but I just wanted to share that I think it is my first this summer. This is a sad fact because I love peaches.
I also love water! I love to drink water. I love to swim in the water. I love to play near the water. I love to float in the water. I love to watch the water. I love to drive my cousins jet ski over the water. I love to drop little dogs in the water. I would love to on the water one day. I could go on, but I think you get the point.
I don’t think I have shared this with my friend Ruth. Which is why her challenge for me today made me smile?
Hi Amanda,
Hopefully this won't be too bad. I thought that you should try stand-up paddle boarding. It seems to be all the rave, however, I tried it and it was kind of weird. I know there are a couple of places downtown that have them. Texas Rowing Centerhttp://www.texasrowingcenter.com/kayak_prices.htm The rowing dock http://www.rowingdock.com/rental_boats.html Anyway, i hope that this isn't too bad.
Ruth
Ruth also didn’t know that I have wanted to do for a while. There use to be this boy at office who carried a surf board on the top of this jeep to the office. Intrigued by the thought of this boy being an actually surfer dude like the ones I went to high school, I asked him about it. And since that day the world of STAND UP PADDLE-BOARDING came alive to me. I notice SUPers every time I go over the Town Lake and have even done research on this hot new trend.
So today after a mad-dash to get the work errands run, I headed to the Rowing Dock to try this for the very first time. Within minutes of my arrival I was on a board, rope attached to my ankle, and shoving off. I was somewhat nervous about actually getting from the kneeling position to the standing and also afraid I would lose my balance and fall in. But soon I was up and feeling very proud of myself. Along the ride an expert suggested I lock my knees and shared a better way to paddle. He also suggested that I jump me to get that fear of falling over with. It took a few minutes to actually jump, and to be honest I am not sure why I was so worried; after all I love the water. After getting wet and the other minor adjustments I booked it all over the lake. Soon my time was up and I paddled back to the dock where the shot below was taken.
This was definitely a fun activity and a good workout. Will I go out and buy a board? No, but this will not be the last time I go SUP. Can you imagine doing yoga poses on a surf board in the water? This is something I might have to try after I am a little more comfortable on the board.
Ruth thanks for the fun challenge. It was perfect.
XOXO-Amanda May

No comments:
Post a Comment