Do you ever refer to your married girlfriends by their maiden name? I do this all the time. Tasha Booth will always in my mind be Tasha Watson. Chara Rollins will always be Chara Wade. Heather Jones will always be Heather McDougal. Sarah Miracle will always be Sarah Gossmann. Emily Archer, a friend from high school, will always be Emily Archer even though I know she is married even know I can't think of her married name. This is also true with Tammy a friend from HPU that I had the pleasure to go to church with at First Baptist Church Bangs. She has been Tammy Stevens for a while, but I will think of her as Tammy Lewis.
Tammy suggested a couple things for me today. 1. Pamper myself (pedi & mani) 2. Dollar store toys to create childhood memories 3. New Ice cream flavors every day for 30 days 4. Do karaoke
After the very full past 11 days I knew in my mind which one I desperately needed. But there was some thought put in my decision. 1. I have all the necessary tools, foot baths, paraffin wax, polish, and cotton balls to relax the night away and give myself a decent mani and pedi. 2. Many of my childhood memories with toys including making big messes for my sisters to clean up, think monopoly money used as confetti or the many days I scattered light bright pegs all over my older sisters room for her to clean up. These items might be found at the dollar store but I wasn't in the mood to clean up especially since my sisters don't live with me. 3. I do love ice cream but not quite ready to pack on the pounds. 4. Might take some more time than I had tonight.
So after ordering my free pizza I headed to the library to through in a movie while I soaked scrubbed, clipped, buffed, moisturized, and polished toes and fingers. Such a relaxing evening. Thanks Tammy for the suggestions and for being lovely friend.
XOXO-Amanda May

Glad you pampered yourself, you deserve it. But playing with brite lites might have been fun. I remember when I came home from school every day in Kindergarden and you had destroyed my lite brite creations everyday. I dont understand why mom let you go in my room. My brite lites never did anything to you.
ReplyDeleteMaybe she knew I was bound and determined to be in your Strawberry Shortcake bedroom rather than my Holly Hobby bedroom, thus she really didn't care. AMG
ReplyDelete